viernes, 28 de mayo de 2010

the world wild web


I'm a strange cat you know?
Up to now I haven't seen much of my kind. Probably not one in years. And I've traveled. I've looked for cats like me and I've looked deep. In sheep territory, in wolf territory and in no man's land.
But it's never easy.

It's never easy and I'll explain you why. Heck, I'll even explain you why I am a strange cat. And I don't say it just to be like those brats that think strange is cool. The little fuckers that are part of the trend that think being stoned, saying weird things and having a funny hairdo is the answer to everything.

Naw, I don't share much with that kind. I am a strange cat that don't look strange. And you'll ask yourself: how? Well, let's establish first, what are you? You probably think you are a dog.
Most people do.
And to your benefit, the statistics say you're probably right to think so. And dogs act like dogs. Dogs behave according to their dog nature and try to get along with their kind. So dogs + dogs = a dog environment. And a dog environment welcomes more and more of their kind. But they always act a bit funny if cats, wolves, roosters or even more eccentric fauna arrive (as hyenas or jackals). And this is not exclusive of dogs; hyenas would act exactly the same if a dog would come along uninvited to their party.

Because Mother Nature made us in a way that we look for our kind. There are some species that are more friendly with others that's for sure. Horses that live in the countryside are always affable with travelers that stop by. Each group has its distinctive features. Rats, that have awfully bad publicity, are not that bad; if you gain their respect they are one of the most loyal little pricks you'll ever meet. Pelicans are great lovers for one night stands, while wolves are a better option for lasting relationships. Caribous are one of the most noble and sensible creatures on earth. Meerkats are on the ingenious side, not only with tools, but because they are always able to find the good side of things. And the list goes on and on. Just so you know, there are hybrids that share qualities as well as flaws. Ligers, zonkeys, grolar bears and beefalos are at the top of this list. But that's a whole different story.

And each animal acts according to his nature. Always. Every time. Forever. So why am I a strange cat? Because I don't do so. Every time I visit the lion's den I'm a lion. At night when all you hear is the howling of the wolf, I'm there, howling. I'm always neutral and trying to understand the kind I'm with. I don't stereotype, like all species due. And they do so because its a survival instinct. To detect your enemy while still at a distance is a value that all species, or at least the ones who are still alive, share. Am I suicidal? Maybe so. But I'd say that it's more of a risk that I take in exchange to getting to know everybody well. And today, there are not many individuals out there trying to get to know the other before categorizing him in their own mind.

And that's why I am a strange cat.
But WHY am I strange cat?
Hell, maybe I'm no cat at all.

No hay comentarios: