viernes, 13 de mayo de 2011

Leave it.


With my head tilted, I waited for his reply while reading the spine of all sorts of books. I took the one with the most interesting title and then just glanced through its pages without reading one single word.
"I don't believe in computers." He answered.
"Really?" My voice made this farcical high pitched sound. I felt embarrassed immediately.
"Why is that hard to believe?"
"Well, nowadays there are tons of things you cannot do without a computer." I bet Gates or Jobs weren't born knowing that they would get an entire generations of slaves for free.
"Like what?"
"Like... internet!"
"I have books."
"Yeah but sometimes books are not enough. Or sometimes you don't have the book you want the moment you need it. With internet you can type in your wildest dream and it'll come up with thousands of sites about it."
"And what is the wildest thing you've looked for?"
It took him nothing to come up with such answer.
So then it became obvious that what was natural for him wasn't as simple for the rest of us.
In the following minutes I realized that all the fake opportunities I believed in were meaningless.
Who's to blame? The illusion that millions of possibilities to change your life were never there or just me?

No hay comentarios: